We believe in going to camp! Camp is a great place for students to step away from their busy lives at home and grow in their relationships with God. Camp also serves to foster closer relationships – between students, between leaders and students, and in bringing in students who have not yet been involved in a church.
SBCC Youth Ministries go to Forest Home for a weekend in the winter, and a week in the summer. We’ve been going to Forest Home as a church since 1995. We LOVE it there!
Summer Camp 2017 – Dates and Rates
All four of our groups (4th, 5/6, Jr. High, and High School) will be going to Forest Home June 11-16, 2017. The camp centers and rates for each group are:
4th – The Village – $365
5/6 – Adventure Mountain – $405
JH – Creekside – $485
HS – Lakeview – $495
We have opened registration for Forest Home Summer Camp for ALL FOUR GROUPS.
This year, everything is happening ONLINE. (We expect a few bugs and need for troubleshooting, so please bear with us as we are still getting used to doing it this way). Our hope is that this will be a quick and easy process moving forward.
1. Follow THIS LINK to sign-up each student individually with SBCC.
- This form will include the Student’s information, insurance information, and deposit.
- The DEPOSIT IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Payment information can be saved if you need to register multiple students.
- There will be an auto-confirmation email sent to you upon submittal.
2. Once we receive your registration and payment, we will send you a link to REGISTER with our group on Forest Home‘s Website.
- PLEASE DO NOT GO STRAIGHT TO FOREST HOME’S SITE. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER WITH OUR GROUP, and you will enter a registration vortex comparable to the mythic Scylla and Charybdis.
- The LINKs we send you will be group specific (4th, 5/6, JH and HS) so please pay attention when registering multiple students.
- If you get to a PAYMENT page on Forest Home’s site, SOMETHING IS WRONG. STOP and DO NOT PAY.
- If you went to last year’s Summer or Winter Camp, your families registration info and profile should be saved in their system.
3. Once you are registered with BOTH us and Forest Home, we will send you a final confirmation with a packing list and departure info.
4. Your final BALANCE payment will be due June 1st. And can be paid by check or electronically HERE. (Please select Youth Summer Camp).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What are the dates and rates for Summer Camp?
- 4th Grade – June 11-16, 2017; cost: $365
- 5th-6th Grade – June 11-16, 2017; cost: $405
- Junior High (7th-8th grade) – June 11-16, 2017; cost: $485
- High School (9th-12th grade) – June 11-16, 2017; cost: $495
What are the deadlines to sign-up?
- Camp is on a first-come first-serve basis, and we often fill up before the deadline.
- The deadline for all 4 groups is June 1st.
Can I invite my friends?
- We do our best to make room for friends to go to camp, but priority is given to regular members of the youth group.
- In the event we fill up, we can ask Forest Home for more spots, but we are contracted for a set amount.
I had to pay a deposit to sign up. How and when do I pay my balance?
- You must pay your balance by June 1st. You may pay by check or electronically.
- To pay by check, please make it out to “SBCC” or “Santa Barbara Community Church”, and send it to Kathy Roberts, 41 S. Ontare Rd, Santa Barbara, CA 93105, and please indicate for which student(s) the payment is designated.
- To pay electronically, you may go HERE. (Please select “YOUTH CAMP REGISTRATION” from the drop down menu).
Do you have any scholarships available?
- Strictly speaking, we do not have any “scholarships” (i.e. funds set aside for people to apply for).
- That said, we do not want money to stop anyone from going to camp and will work with any family to figure it out. From payment plans to help with fees, we can help get your student there.
- If you would like more information on this, please contact Erik Anderson (*protected email*).
Any other questions?