We believe in going to camp! Camp is a great place for students to step away from their busy lives at home and grow in their relationships with God. Camp also serves to foster closer relationships – between students, between leaders and students, and in bringing in students who have not yet been involved in a church.
SBCC Youth Ministries go to Forest Home for a weekend in the winter, and a week in the summer. We’ve been going to Forest Home as a church since 1995. We LOVE it there!
Winter and Summer Camp 2017 – Dates and Rates
5/6 Winter Camp – January 27-29, 2017 – $190
JH Winter Camp – January 27-29, 2017 – $230
HS Winter Camp – February 24-26, 2017 – $230
4th-12th Summer Camp – June 11-16, 2017 (estimated rates are same as 2016)
We have opened registration for Forest Home Winter Camp for ALL THREE GROUPS.
This year, everything is happening ONLINE. (We expect a few bugs and need for troubleshooting, so please bear with us as this is our first time around doing it this way). Our hope is that this will be a quick and easy process moving forward.
1. Follow THIS LINK to sign-up each student individually.
- This form will include the Student’s information, insurance information, and payment.
- PAYMENT IS NON-REFUNDABLE, except for illness (requires a doctors note).
- Payment information can be saved if you need to register multiple students.
- There will be an auto-confirmation email sent to you upon submittal.
2. Once we receive your registration and payment, we will send you a link to register with our group on Forest Home’s Website.
- PLEASE DO NOT GO STRAIGHT TO FOREST HOME’S SITE. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER WITH OUR GROUP, and you will enter a registration vortex comparable to the mythic Scylla and Charybdis.
- The LINKs we send you will be group specific (5/6, JH and HS) so please pay attention when registering multiple students.
- If you get to a PAYMENT page on Forest Home’s site, SOMETHING IS WRONG. STOP and DO NOT PAY.
- If you went to Summer Camp, your families registration info and profile should be saved in their system.
3. Once you are registered with BOTH us and Forest Home, we will send you a final confirmation with a packing list and departure info.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What are the dates and rates for Winter Camp?
- 5th-6th Grade – January 27-29, 2017; cost: $190
- Junior High (7th-8th grade) – January 27-29, 2017; cost: $230
- High School (9th-12th grade) – February 24-26, 2017; cost: $230
What are the deadlines to sign-up?
- Camp is on a first-come first-serve basis, and we often fill up before the deadline.
- The deadline for 5/6 and Junior High is January 9th.
- The deadline for High School is February 6th.
Can I invite my friends?
- We do our best to make room for friends to go to camp, but priority is given to regular members of the youth group.
- In the event we fill up, we can ask Forest Home for more spots, but we are contracted for a set amount.
Do you have any scholarships available?
- Strictly speaking, we do not have any “scholarships” (i.e. funds set aside for people to apply for).
- That said, we do not want money to stop anyone from going to camp and will work with any family to figure it out. From payment plans to help with fees, we can help get your student there.
- If you would like more information on this, please contact Erik Anderson (*protected email*).
Any other questions?
- Please contact Erik Anderson (*protected email*) or Caleb Bagdanov (*protected email*) for anything else you may be wondering about.